Friday, February 19, 2021

Friday, February 19, 2021

Starting next week, Nanaw will once again take Chase to school, pick him up from school, and take him home from her house. Today, she went to Walgreen's, Waterloo Walmart and Waterloo Schnuck's for the first time in forever so she considers herself well now. At Walmart, she bought the things to make pot roast tomorrow for Chase's sleepover. She also looked at new TV sets and stands; her living room TV finally died after 20 + years so she has to get a new one. Today's after-school schoolwork at Nanaw's included four sentences about Chase's new Bowser, the 7es in multiplication facts, and three short stories in the Answers book. Nanaw discovered what she thinks might be the reason he doesn't always get his work done in class. He starts doing the work, then gets distracted and starts doing something else. So Nanaw is going to work on getting him to focus and concentrate on doing his work. Below is the paper Chase wrote about his dream vacation to Montreal for the Young Authors initiative:

Montreal – My Dream Vacation

My dream vacation is Montreal. Some background information is that the best time to visit Montreal is March to May and September to November. I want to go to Montreal because I want to go ice skating, eat at new places, and ride a roller coaster.

I want to go to Montreal because I want to go ice skating outdoors. There are over 200 outdoor skating rinks in Montreal. I like ice skating because I like to play ice hockey. Ice skating is popular in Montreal because the Montreal Canadiens, their hockey team, have won 24 Stanley Cups.

One of the things I want to eat in Montreal is poutine. Poutine is made out of French fries topped with cheese curds and gravy. I also want to eat bagels because Montreal is known for their bagels. I want to try Montreal’s pizza because pizza is one of my favorite foods.

I think riding roller coasters is fun. La Ronde amusement park is located in Montreal and has 10 roller coasters. I want to ride the Boomerang roller coaster because it is blue.

I would like to visit Montreal and try some things I listed above. I hope to go to this great city someday! 






No comments:

Post a Comment